Monday 10 May 2010

Please refrain...

During this little research trip my ultimate pet peeves, that I didn’t even know existed have been discovered.

1. Why is it that it’s only when you get to the till that sales assistants ask if you found everything okay? Clearly I’m buying something so the answer to that would be YES.

2. Abercrombie are the kings of pissing me off. One whiff of the shop either make me majorly dizzy or have a sneezing fit... they then proceed to ask me “hows it going?”. What exactly is the correct response to this?
They don’t actually care what you say but if you don’t reply, your rude. It’s one of those lose lose situations.


3. Just because your manager has told you to greet customers doesn’t mean that if you’re not in the room you shout “Hi, hows it going?” from the store room. If we can’t see you its creepy and when I shout back into the empty space, hoping the disembodied voice hears me it’s not polite, it’s just weird.

4. They’ve also managed to ruin an aspect of American shopping that I do like. If your carrying items that you want to try on they will reserve the changing room for you. Well beware... this pleasant gesture is tainted when you see there’s a couple of items that you definitely did not pick up. In my case, a denim bubble dress splashed with neon paint... I must look like the neon paint kinda girl. God help me.

x.

No comments:

Post a Comment